The austere elegance from Georgia O´Keeffe and her New Mexico aesthetic mixed with the vibrant colours of Mexico are the source of inspiration for this collection.
I fell in love with the huipil since I first travelled to Mexico many years ago. For its ease to wear - finding it as elegant and comfortable as flattering, and also by the intricate embroideries on them. I spent three months in Colombia, were the profession of embroidery is still very much alive, and was lucky to find Cristina and her group of marvellous embroiderers to work in these pieces. The circles were hand drawn and then embroidered by hand using the `cadeneta´ stitching technique.
- Black and pink striped fabric.
- Hand embroidered blue circles.
- Limited edition of ten pieces.
- One size only. Relaxed silhouette.
- Hand wash in cold water. Cool iron.
- To iron it inside out to prevent the embroidery from snagging.
- 100% cotton fabric and 100% perlé cotton embroidery.
- Hand made and embroidered in Colombia.