MULTICOLOUR WAYÚU BAG
I developed this Wayúu `mochila´bag with the indigenous women of the San Jacinto area in Colombia. The vibrant colours and the intricate pattern make it fun and uplifting and can be carried all day long and night. It has a band type handle that allows you to wear it as a cross body or as a shoulder bag and knot the handle with pompoms to carry it. The bag is hand crocheted by the Wayuu artisans in Colombia and finished with pompomsThey are timeless bags and very durable. I bought my first Wayúu mochila in 2007 in Bogotá, I still use it, and it looks as if it were new. As each bag is woven by hand, they are all different and unique.
- Solid colour woven wayúu technique.
- Closure by gathering the green string.
- Two braided straps. Hand held.
- White leather M O N D I N O label inside.
- 100% cotton.
- 29 cms high with 23 cms base.
- Crossbody strap 1,18 ms long.
- Clean stains with wet cloth.
- Handmade in Colombia.
2 in stock