The austere elegance from Georgia O´Keeffe and her New Mexico aesthetic mixed with the vibrant colours of Mexico were the source of inspiration for this collection. I fell in love with the huipil since I first travelled to Mexico a long time ago, for its ease to wear - finding it as elegant and comfortable as flattering, and also by the intricate embroideries on them. I spent three months in Colombia, were the profession of embroidery is still very much alive, and was lucky to find Cristian and her marvellous group of embroiderers to work in these pieces. Each triangle was hand drawn and then embroidered by hand using the `bordado español´ stitching technique.
- Fuchsia and navy blue vichy fabric.
- Hand embroidered triangles in bright tomato red thread.
- Limited edition of ten pieces.
- One size only. Relaxed silhouette.
- Hand wash in cold water. Cool iron.
- To iron it inside out to prevent the embroidery from snagging.
- 100% cotton fabric and 100% perlé cotton embroidery.
- Hand made and embroidered in Colombia.