The austere elegance from Georgia O´Keeffe and her New Mexico aesthetic mixed with the vibrant colours of Mexico are the source of inspiration for this collection.
The Dalila Mexican style dress, is easy, elegant, austere in its shape and very versatile. I spent three months in Colombia, were the profession of embroidery is still very much alive, and was lucky to find Cristina and her group of marvellous embroiderers to work in these pieces. Front and back are embroidered by hand using the `cadeneta´ stitching technique.It is easy to pack, works day and night, on a beach, in a city, with or without a belt.
- Pick multicolour checked fabric.
- Hand embroidered ivory cross stitch stripes.
- Limited edition of ten pieces.
- Hidden pockets on each side.
- One size only. Cut for a loose fit.
- Hand wash in cold water. Cool iron.
- To iron it inside out to prevent the embroidery from snagging.
- 100% cotton fabric and 100% perlé cotton embroidery.
- Hand made and embroidered in Colombia.